Welcome to MEET-UP UPPER VALLEY!
No Tricks, Just a Halloween Treat: A Day Trip to Salem, MA
Get MUUV-ing! This is your chance to celebrate Fall in one of America’s spookiest towns. Explore Nathaniel Hawthorne's hometown and visit sites like the House of Seven Gables, The Salem Witch Museum, or the Peabody Essex Museum. Easily spooked? Don't fret, the town has enough historical sites to make any history buff smile. The best part? No driving or parking!
Date and Time
Sunday, October 29th
9:00 am to 9:00 pm
$35 per person, round trip.
Departure from the Upper Valley:
The bus will pick up and drop off at two locations! Buses will leave promptly at their scheduled times, please be on time.
- Leave from Hanover: The bus will pick up at the Dewey Lot next to the Geisel School of Medicine (a map of the Dewey Lot’s location can be found by clicking here). You can leave your car at the Dewey Lot all day. The bus will leave Hanover promptly at 9:00 A.M. Check in and boarding begin at 8:45 A.M.
Leave from New London:
The bus will pick up at the New London Park and Ride on Route 103A (located just off of Exit 12 on I-89, see a map of the lot’s location
The bus will arrive in New London promptly at 9:30 A.M. You must be present at that time to board.
- You will be asked to choose your boarding location while signing up for the event.
- Arrival in Salem: The bus will drop-off at the Hawthorne Hotel, at 18 Washington Square West in the heart of downtown Salem. Upon arrival, you are free to have your own Salem adventure!
- Departure from Salem: In the evening, the bus will pick-up at the Hawthorne Hotel, the same location where you were dropped off. You must arrive by 6:15 P.M. to be checked in as the bus will depart from Salem promptly at 6:30 P.M.
- Return to the Upper Valley: The bus will arrive at New London at approximately 8:30 pm, and back in Hanover at 9:00 PM (Dependent on traffic and road conditions)
The Little Details
- We’re here to help! There will be a trip leader appointed on each bus who will check you in each time you get on the bus. You will be provided with the trip leader’s phone number as well as the bus driver’s phone number should you need anything while in Salem. The trip leader will also have some Salem maps and guides to help you plan your day.
- This event is open to all ages, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by adult.
- There is a restroom on the bus, and the bus generally stops once on each trip for a snack and restroom break.
- The bus ride is just over 2 hours long, so be prepared by bringing some entertainment. There is no wireless on the bus, but there is a DVD player and TV screens, so if you have a family-friendly movie to share, please bring it!
- The bus will not be parked at the Hawthorne Hotel all day, so you will need to take your valuables with you. However, you can leave coolers, games, and other non-valuables on the bus as the same bus will pick us up in the evening.
- You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks on the bus, we simply ask that you not bring glass or alcohol.
- Please consider weather changes and prepare with appropriate clothing.
- In the event of an unplanned change of pick up location, you will be advised by text or email about the alternate pick-up location.
- Once you register, you must receive a confirmation email to confirm your reservation. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact our office so that we can assist you.
- Payment is due when signing up for the event. Cancellations received after October 20th will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations will be accepted via phone or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
MUUV – Meet-Up Upper Valley